In plain English, moving the engine back 8 inches moves 2 percent of the weight from the front tires, and puts 2 percent more weight on the back tires, for a total swing of 4 percent. Since we are probably around 54.5/45.5 already with the aluminum panels, the engine movement results in us being around 52.5/47.5 now. We are also moving the driver and seats 4 inches backwards since the firewall moved. Let's figure 200 pounds for the driver and 50 pounds apiece for the seats. That gets us another half percent (1 percent overall), putting the car around 52/48, or around 1,682 front/1,553 rear. We'll be moving more weight rearward in the coming months: battery, wiring, and electronics, along with additional front of car weight reduction to get to our goal of 50/50 weight distribution. We still need to move about 65 pounds from the front to the rear, or take another 130 pounds out of the front. The battery movement alone will get us a long way towards our goal. We also moved the engine down 1.5 inches, lowering the COGH (center of gravity height) a like amount (the best approximation of a car's COGH is the camshaft height). Now we can use that awesome Auto Metal Direct 2-inch cowl aluminum hood! All this movement from stock locations isn't free. We've compromised our A/C evaporator position, complicated the driver's ergonomics, pedals, steering wheel, and shifter), made the header fabrication more difficult, and we'll have to make custom motor and transmission mounts. We should be able to return to more standard parts and fabrication sequences now. - John Parsons Once all the pieces are screwed in place, all the welding and grinding begins. I just love the way the blower intake to cowl looks. It'll be even prettier when we finish it. I just love the way the blower intake to cowl looks. It'll be even prettier when we finish Once we trim the air cleaner adapter from the bottom of our Auto Metal Direct aluminum 2-inch cowl hood, the hood will barely clear our blower. We were sweating this one! Once we trim the air cleaner adapter from the bottom of our Auto Metal Direct aluminum 2-i The wiper motor is always an eye sore on a pretty firewall, often in the way of tall valve covers and just ugly. In our case we needed the space on the firewall where the original wiper motor resided for our blower intake clearance, so we decided to move the wiper motor. The wiper motor is always an eye sore on a pretty firewall, often in the way of tall valve We cut out the original wiper mounting plate and welded it into the tulip (outer cowl), which will be under the fender. We found a powerful OEM wiper motor that is very compact and made an adapter plate. We made some wiper linkage that turned out to be much quieter than the original stuff and now the wiper operates smooth as glass and whisper quiet. Most importantly, it is out of the way and out of sight. We cut out the original wiper mounting plate and welded it into the tulip (outer cowl), wh Necessity forced us into creating a cool product. Introducing our new hidden wiper motor relocation kit. The kit will include everything you need to move your wiper motor under your fender including the new motor, switch, linkage, and mounting plate. Target price for the complete kit is $400, and by the time you read this, will be available at the Prodigy Customs online store. Necessity forced us into creating a cool product. Introducing our new hidden wiper motor r We are pretty happy with the final results. The wheelbarrow idea worked fantastic. We could have spent 20 times the money and not ended up with anything better. Next month we will get the incredible Art Morrison Dual mode suspension installed and get Project Unfair on the ground. Stay tuned. We are pretty happy with the final results. The wheelbarrow idea worked fantastic. We coul SOURCES Prodigy Customs Apopka FL 407-832-1752 www.prodigycustoms.com II Much Fabrication Germantown MD www.iimuchfabrication.com « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | View Full Article By Frank Serafine Enjoyed this Post? Subscribe to our RSS Feed, or use your favorite social media to recommend us to friends and colleagues!