New for 2008
* All-new LS3 6.2L V-8 engine for Coupe and Convertible:
* 430 HP/ 424 lb.-ft. torque
* 436 hp / 428 lb.-ft. with new, optional dual-mode exhaust system
* High-flow cylinder heads
* Enhanced valvetrain
* High-flow intake manifold
* Larger-bore block with structural enhancements
* Improved manual transmission shift effort
* Quicker shift times on paddle-shift six-speed automatic
* 2.73 performance axle ratio available with six-speed paddle shift; included with Z51 package
* Improved steering feel
* Standard split-spoke cast aluminum wheel design for Coupe and Convertible (Competition Gray finish optional)
* Available polished forged aluminum wheel design
* New Keyless Access remote key fob with integrated key
* Interior trim enhancements for all models, including wrapped center trim plate with Cyber pattern and new, brushed aluminum accents
* Custom Leather-Wrapped Interior Package available for all models in exclusive, new Linen and Sienna colors
* New sill plates
* iPod/MP3 jack included on all sound systems except navigation (Personal Audio Link available as accessory for navigation system)
* OnStar and XM Satellite Radio standard on all models
* Auto-dimming mirrors with compass standard on all models
* Two new premium exterior colors: Jetstream Blue Metallic Tintcoat and Crystal Red Metallic Tintcoat
Get comfortable. There's so much new and exciting with the 2008 Corvettethat you'll want to grab a hot drink, sidle up to your computer screenand absorb all the details.
The changes involve everything from an all-new, larger and more powerfulV-8 engine to refinements in driving characteristics that solidify theCorvette's position as the preeminent American sports car - and furtherthe argument that it is one of the world's best. There are also a hostof exterior and interior refinements that raise the Corvette's luxurystatus and enhance the feeling of craftsmanship.
"Corvette is an uncompromising sports car that rewards its owners withimpeccable performance and great comfort," said Ed Peper, Chevroletgeneral manager. "The changes and enhancements to the 2008 Corvettereflect continual improvements that speak to Chevrolet's unflaggingcommitment to building the best sports car - and with nearly 55 years ofexperience, the Corvette just keeps getting better and better."
Also back again for '08 is the 505-horsepower Corvette Z06, an Americansuper car that has won over enthusiasts, journalists and racers aroundthe world for its balance of racetrack-bred performance, daily-drivingcivility and value.
Check out the following pages for a look at the new and enhanced features for '08 Corvette models