The National Muscle Car Association (NMCA) has stepped up its rewards in all LSX Challenge Series drag racing classes for the 2014 racing season. An all-new points fund provides bonus money to the top three in each class at the end of the season. Plus championship rings will be provided to LSX world champions in all five classes. Payouts to the three heads-up classes have also been increased for the three select LSX events.
• JE Pistons Drag Radial: $3,000 to #1; $1,500 to #2; and $750 to #3
• ERL Performance All Motor: $2,000 to #1; $1,000 to #2; and $500 to #3
• Holley EFI Real Street: $1,500 to #1; $750 to #2; and $375 to #3
• Proform LSX Rumble: $1,000 to #1; $500 to #2; and $250 to #3
• LME 5th Gen Camaro: $1,000 to #1; $500 to #2; and $250 to #3
Chevrolet Performance and Scoggin-Dickey Parts Center will present the world championship rings at the 2014 Performance Racing Industry Trade Show in Indianapolis, Indiana. The two sponsors have also combined to bump up payouts starting at the Chevy High Performance Nationals in Atlanta next week to kick off the season. Competitors in the three LSX heads-up classes that finish ninth to sixteenth will take home bonus cash as follows:
• JE Pistons Drag Radial: $125
• ERL All Motor: $100
• Holley EFI Real Street: $75
Qualifying LSX drag racing events for the increased race payouts include:
• 3rd Annual Chevy High Performance (All-GM) Nationals – Commerce, GA – May 30 – June 1
• 8th Annual JE Pistons NMCA Muscle Car Nationals – Norwalk, OH – August 21-24
• 13th Annual FEL-PRO NMCA World Street Finals / LSX Shootout – Indy, IN – October 9-12
For more info on the LSX Challenge Series about the class rules and car show, check out www.nmcadigital.com/lsx.