This is a great industry with a lot of good people involved, and Lonny Gordon of East Coast Muscle Cars in Wrightsville, Pennsylvania is one of them. The benefit being held to help Lonny with expenses after suffering a massive stroke that kept him hospitalized 151 days is called the Lonny Gordon Nationals. Holding and naming the event after Lonny speaks volumes of how well Lonny is liked and respected in the auto restoration industry. Last August Super Chevy broadcasted a Facebook Live feed from East Coast Muscle Cars, and got to meet with Lonny, along with his crew and tour the shop in person.
This spectacular car show and drag racing event is being held on July 28, 2018 at the South Mountain Raceway in Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania, and the gates will open at 8:30am with the car show starting at 10:00am. There will be a raffle, and the list of event sponsors to date include, Billet Specialties, Street Machinery, MSD, Auto Meter, Detroit Speed, McCarthy Tire, Bridgestone, American Speed Centers, Young’s Farm Service & Repair, and Eden Tool Company.
• Car show and spectator admission $10.00
• Drag race two classes
• Small tire class 30 inch diameter and lower, 12 inch or less section width
• Big tire class any 10.5-inch width or over 30 inch and above diameter, or over 12 inch section width
• Entry fee $50.00 for car and driver, additional crew $10.00 per person.
• Winner takes all both classes, $500.00 to win
• Heads-up racing .400 pro tree, no time slips, 1 time run starting at 12:00 noon.
• Raffles, door prizes, 50-50-drawing
• All proceeds to benefit Lonny Gordon