It’s December and the holiday season is here! Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, or another winter holiday, Chevrolet has compiled an awesome list of great gifts suitable for the resident gearhead – Corvette enthusiasts in particular. Prices range from $12 to up in the thousands, so there is something for everyone. Check them out!
1. 2014 Corvette Stingray Premier Edition Convertible ($77,450) – Okay, so times are tough and most of us can’t just run out and pick up a brand-new car (much less a Corvette) to hand over to someone we love. But we had to include it anyway because wouldn’t this be at the top of your Christmas list? Only 550 of the all-new top-of-the-line 3LT Corvette Stingray Premier Edition Convertibles will be built and all will feature Lime Rock Green paint and a Brownstone suede interior. Suede-wrapped interior trim, carbon fiber accents, variable tuned performance exhaust system, Z51 Performance Package, and of course Magnetic Selective Ride Control are just a few of the many awesome features the convertible is equipped with. Each will also be fitted with unique wheels with “Stingray” center caps as well as Stingray interior sill plates, and include a sweet five-piece luggage set from Thule. Unique VIN sequence and dash plaques will commemorate the limited-edition status of the Vettes, which will arrive in dealerships in early 2014.
2. Corvette Stingray Rollerball Pen ($12) – You know all those moments when you’ve dug through a drawer looking for a pen that actually works? Look no further. The Corvette Stingray Rollerball Pen features a sleek design with a solid brass cap and barrel. Rubber accents make it comfortable and easy to grip – and it’s affordable too! We’re thinking stocking stuffer.
3. Monopoly Empire Game ($20) – Everyone needs a good board game once in a while, and Monopoly is way up on the list of best games ever created. However, sometimes it can get a little long and the details a little dull. Well, now there is a solution. With the Empire game, players purchase brands rather than properties and can choose the 2014 Corvette Stingray as a game piece! You may have to play rock-paper-scissors to determine who gets to “be” the Corvette, but since this is the shortened version of the classic, everyone can have a turn.
4. 1:18 Scale 2014 Corvette Stingray ($38.50) – A perfectly-sized Corvette to show off! Treat your favorite Corvette enthusiast to a miniature 2014 Corvette Stingray. The die cast rendition of the Stingray is sleek, sculpted, and totally realistic, and would look great perched on an office desk.
5. Corvette Stingray: The Seventh Generation of America’s Sports Car by Larry Edsall ($40) – Chronicling the creation and birth of the newest Corvette, the book tells the story of the C7 with more than 30 historical and behind-the-scenes photographs. This is a definite must-have for the guy who has a full collection of automotive books.
6. Fisher Price Power Wheels Corvette ($275) – I suppose you could say there’s something for even the little ones on this list. The newest Fisher Price Power Wheels car is modeled after the 2014 Corvette Stingray and features sporty “chrome” wheels. Like its father – the real 2014 Corvette – it is way ahead of the “competition” and is the fastest Power Wheels vehicle in the product line. Perfect for mini speed demons!
7. Seventh-Generation Corvette Watch ($775) – The limited-edition chronograph watch was designed exclusively for the Corvette Collection and features the seventh-generation Corvette’s crossed flags and Corvette logo. The dial face is real carbon fiber giving the watch an edgy and functional appearance.
8. Corvette Stingray Luggage ($910) – Yes, this is included with the purchase of a 2014 Corvette Stingray Premier Edition Convertible, but you can also purchase it separately! The beautiful five-piece luggage set includes two roller suitcases, a backpack, a duffle bag, and a messenger bag, all branded with the Corvette logo. That way, the recipient of this gift can take a little Corvette with them even when they’re away from their pride and joy.
9. Corvette Heritage Neon Sign ($5,000) – Retired General Motors Vice President of Design, Chuck Jordan, had a hand in creating this sign, which was designed to pay homage to the first generation of Corvette. It represents the clean, simple, and straightforward beauty of the first Corvette and would look awesome hanging in a garage or man cave.
10. Performance Driving Schools ($1,225 and up) – So what to get for a man (or woman) who has everything? How about an experience! Give the gift of learning how to use a Corvette to its fullest potential in a safe environment at one of two driving schools. Ron Fellows Performance Driving School offers a two-day course beginning at $2,995 and the Bob Bondurant School of Performance Driving offers one- to three-day courses starting at $1,225. Students learn to drive with speed, confidence, and finesse to better handle a performance vehicle like the Corvette (in a Corvette no less).
So there you have it, folks! Chevrolet’s (and our) top ten gift ideas for the ultimate Corvette enthusiast! Your friends here at Vette wish you and your family a safe and happy holiday season!