Chevrolet Performance recently released news that they now offer a collection of factory-engineered performance parts and accessories for 2010 and newer Camaros. Making it even more convenient is that many of them preserve the vehicle warranty as long as they are installed by a Chevrolet dealer.
Components from the Camaro ZL1 and SS 1LE are included in the assortment of parts, which are designed to make fifth-generation Camaro V-6 and SS cars more capable on the street as well as the track.
Chevrolet Performance is also offering the ZL1 rear driveline system which is the strongest independent rear axle option available for the Camaro. It features a 9.9-inch rear differential in a cast iron center section along with other high-strength components. Suspension components from the 1LE are useful for those demanding neutral handling for your favorite twisty road, highway off-ramp, or the track.
"Chevrolet Performance is the first stop for owners building a competitive, durable Camaro for the track," said Jim Campbell, GM U.S. vice president of performance vehicles and motorsports. "These Chevrolet Performance parts are based on Chevrolet factory-validated production components that were tested on racetracks and validated to standards unmatched in the aftermarket industry. Quite simply, they're tailored for improved performance and built to the highest standards."
Here is a total list of components available to take your Camaro to the next level!
Camaro ZL1 components:
- ZL1 front- and rear-brake kit for Camaro SS (part #22959672/23104466) - The front kit includes racing-style front two-piece, 14.6-inch front rotors and six-piston Brembo calipers with aluminum housings accented with the ZL1 Both kits include two calipers, brake pads and required hardware. It is a direct replacement for the Camaro SS, works with production chassis controls, including StabiliTrak, traction control, and antilock brakes.
- ZL1 front/rear brake kit for Camaro V-6 (part #22989384) - The front and rear brakes can be upgraded with this kit, which includes 14.6-inch front and 14.4-inch rear brake components from the ZL1, two front two-piece rotors and six-piston calipers, two rear single-piece rotors and four-piston calipers, brake pads, master cylinder and installation hardware. Twenty-inch wheels are required for caliper clearance. It also works with production chassis controls, StabiliTrak, traction control, and antilock brakes.
- ZL1 short-throw shifter (part #9299460) - The ZL1's 5.1-ratio shifter allows for quicker and more precise gear changes. It is a direct replacement for the six-speed manual transmission shifter in the Camaro SS.
- ZL1 low-restriction air filter element (part #92229651) - It enhances LS3/L99 performance by reducing induction restrictions and is a direct replacement for the air filter element in '10-'13 SS models.
- ZL1 fuel pump (part #19260557) -The twin in-tank pumps are designed to meet the high-RPM fuel requirements of a supercharged engine, delivering approximately 250 liters per hour at 65 psi.
- ZL1 rear driveline system (part #22959394 manual and #22959395 automatic) - The ZL1's complete rear axle system is significantly stronger than that of the Camaro SS. Included are a larger and stronger 9.9-inch ring gear with heavy-duty limited-slip differential housed in cast iron as well as a stronger driveshaft and asymmetrical half-shafts, which include a 60mm hollow shaft on the right and a 33mm solid shaft on the left. Different torsional stiffness rates work in conjunction with the limited-slip differential to minimize wheelhop at launch. While a direct bolt-in, additional parts may be required for installation (manual 3.73 axle ratio and automatic 3.23 axle ratio).
Camaro 1LE components:
- 1LE Track Pack (part #23123398 - V-6; #23123397 - SS) - The 1LE suspension components include a larger 27mm solid front stabilizer bar, 28mm solid rear stabilizer bar for improved body roll, retuned front struts, and new monotube rear shocks for improved body and wheel control. Stiffer toe links and rear shock mounts are added for improved performance and the pack works with production chassis controls, including StabiliTrak, traction control, and antilock brakes.
- 1LE strut tower brace (part #22756880) - Greater stiffness to the front body structure enhances turn-in feel and supports more direct feeling steering inputs made possible by the 2011 and later bolt-on strut tower brace for both V-6 and SS models.
- 1LE PCV valve (part #12653073) - Oil separation and drain-back are ensured during high-load cornering with this PCV valve.
Camaro SS components:
- SS brake kit for Camaro V-6 (part # 23120542) - Brembo front and rear brake components equivalent to those off of the SS make for an economical option for customers who want greater brake performance but don't require the performance of ZL1 brakes. Included are two front rotors and calipers, two rear rotors and calipers, brake pads, master cylinder and installation hardware. It works with production chassis controls, including StabiliTrak, traction control, and antilock brakes.
- LS3 heads / LS7 camshaft package (part #19300535) - A direct replacement for the factory-installed heads and camshaft, the SS the kit adds up to 40 horsepower. It includes CNC-ported LS3 cylinder heads, which flow more than 350cfm (intake side) with 276cc intake runners and 2.165/1.590-inch valves. The high-lift LS7 camshaft makes the most of the heads' airflow capabilities, with 0.558/0.558-inch lift and 211/230 degrees of duration at 0.050-inch and a 121-degree lobe separation angle. Camshaft and fully-assembled cylinder heads are included, while head gaskets and cylinder head bolts must be purchased separately, and tuning is required. This kit fits other LS-family engines with at least 4.000-inch bores.
COPO components for the drag strip
Along with ZL1, 1LE, and SS components, Chevrolet Performance also offers quite a few COPO Camaro parts, which allow racers to build a Camaro race car to their own specifications, including the COPO Camaro hood (part #22950678) and COPO-logo gauges.