You have to hand it to Chevrolet. The first all-new 2014 Corvettes are not even in showrooms yet, but Chevy has just announced its first extra-cost specialty model. The Stingray Premiere edition (note the fancy “e” at the end) has been unveiled at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
According to Chevrolet, production will be limited to 500. All will be top-of-the-line 3LT models with Laguna Blue Tintcoat paint, Brownstone suede interior, visible carbon fiber roof, and the following other goodies:
• Suede-wrapped interior trim and carbon-fiber interior packages.
• Variable tuned performance exhaust.
• Z51 Performance Package with Magnetic Selective Ride Control
• Chevy’s modern interpretation of the “Stinger” hood stripe of 1967.
• Stingray-logo interior sill plates and wheel center caps
• Unique VIN starting with 300001, as well as an exclusive dash plaque commemorating the new model.
The cherry on top, however, is the custom Corvette-branded luggage from Thule. Now, that’s what we’re talking about!
No pricing has been announced yet, but we can see this machine topping $60,000. No word yet on when they’ll be arriving in dealer lots.