Chevrolet is bringing back the "Stingray" name with the all-new 2014 Corvette, and the price is affordable. Debuting the coupe in Detroit earlier this year, the company followed-up today announcing the 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe will start at $51,995, and the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible will start at $56,995.
Both Corvettes will be powered by an LT1 6.2L V-8, churning an estimated 450 hp and 450 lbs/ft torque. Harnessing all those ponies will be an all new, seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching that anticipates gear selections and matches engine speed for more accurate shifts.
"The 2014 Corvette Stingray perfectly embodies Chevrolet's mission to deliver more than expected for our customers," said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. "The Corvette Stingray delivers a combination of performance, design and technology that very few manufacturers can match."
Some highlights on the all-new 2014 Corvette Stingray include:
- New seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching
- 6.2L LT1 V-8 engine with direct injection, Active Fuel Management, continuously variable valve timing and an advanced combustion system
- Carbon fiber hood on all models, and a carbon fiber removable roof panel on coupes
- Aluminum frame that is 99 pounds lighter (45 kg) and 57-percent stiffer than the previous model's structure
- Dual, eight-inch configurable driver/infotainment screens, with next-generation Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system and rear vision camera
- Bose nine-speaker audio system with SiriusXM Satellite radio, Bluetooth connectivity, USB and SD card and auxiliary input jack
- An all-new, fully electronic top on the convertible that can be lowered remotely using the key fob
As shown at the North American International Auto Show, the 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe fitted with the major available options would start at $73,360. We've included those details below:
- 3LT interior package, with leather-wrapped interior ($8,005)
- Z51 Performance Package ($2,800)
- Competition sports seats ($2,495)
- Exposed-carbon-fiber roof panel ($1,995)
- Magnetic Ride Control with Performance Traction Management ($1,795)
- Dual-mode exhaust system ($1,195)
- Carbon fiber interior trim ($995)
- Sueded, microfiber-wrapped upper interior trim ($995)
- Red-painted calipers ($595)
- Black-painted wheels ($495)