A quick trip to the workbench with some tin snips, and here's what we traded our slip of paper for.
We checked for fitment, and the new piece seemed to work correctly...
...so we added some auto-grade adhesive to help strengthen the bond.
Using pop rivets to hold the sheetmetal in place, we moved on to the final steps.
With the console plate in position, we drilled a couple of guide holes in the sheetmetal.
After replacing the screws, everything should hold just like new. If you're not set on keeping your OEM piece, keep in mind companies like Corvette America stock new repro pieces that should match your interior code.