14. To wrap up the install, the cowl vent grille screen was secured in place using a 1⁄4-inch socket and ratchet with more fresh hardware from Totally Stainless. It now looks just plain bitchin and will give Orange Krate years of trouble-free use to keep the windshield clear.
15. To bring the trunk area back to life, nothing does a better job of giving it a factory finish than Eastwood's trunk spatter paint in black-aqua (PN 10008Z).
16. To prepare the trunk, team member Pat Dickinson used a Shop-Vac to remove debris from the area. He then followed up masking off the trunk-to-body area using white paper and 1-inch masking tape.
17. Final prep was done with 220-grit sandpaper to remove any final debris from the trunk floor, and also to give the surface plenty of bite for the paint to adhere to. The area was then vacuumed clean one final time.
18. Here you can see the extra attention to detail they went through to mask off the trunk area and outer body panels to protect them from overspray during the painting process.
19. A coating of Sherwin-Williams black sealer was then applied to the entire inner trunk area, laying down a nice, even base.
20. Once the sealer was dry, Newell followed up with Eastwood's trunk spatter paint, laying down a number of light coats to achieve a factory-fresh look.
21. To complete the job, a few light coats of Eastwood's Diamond Clear, which has a satin finish, was applied to add plenty of protection to the final product. It's easy to see that proper surface preparation combined with using just the right products yields a finish that not only looks great but is one that will be durable for years to come.
22. For plenty of awesome sounds inside the business office, Boston Mobile Concepts dialed in the tunes with a combination of an Alpine head unit matched to one of their amps and thunder from JL Audio speakers and crossovers.
23. Once the head unit was set up with the provided wiring, it was slid into place in the dash.
24. Boston Mobile Concepts provided us with all of the hardware, wiring, and cables to expertly craft a wiring harness for the entire system. Here you can see the harness from the amplifier.
25. The JL Audio 6x9 speakers were secured in place in the rear deck and wired up. The area will be completed with speaker grilles and a fresh rear deck package tray in black.
26. To complete the dash, there's nothing like a set of fresh vents to make it look new. Ground Up supplied us with OER's factory replacement parts for the job.
27. Installing the new center dash air-conditioning vent was a snap and it fit the replacement dash perfectly.
28. With the interior moving towards completion, it was the perfect time to mount the Hurst Competition Plus stick in place capped with one of their classic shift knobs in white. A shift boot will be added later on to complete the look.
Boston Mobile Concepts