11 Once we had all the sheetmetal on and all hardware loosely installed, we started lining up everything, and tightening the bolts. We started at the grille opening, and worked our way around.
12 Before we installed the urethane nosepiece, we added the divider bracket and grille divider insert.
13 The nosepiece has a thick metal structure buried inside the urethane, and the mounting tabs line up with the new bumper brackets. It uses four bolts with large washers we got from the bolt kit to hold it on. The holes in the mounting tabs are oversized to allow for adjustment.
14 The bumper pieces use two normal bumper bolts on top, and one standard bolt from the bottom. This was the bolt we spoke about earlier.
15 A & B The chrome grille surround slips inside the nosepiece and attaches, to the sheetmetal via plastic nutserts and larger Phillips screws. These are fairly special items, so we were thankful we had the master hardware kit. Now is the point where we made sure everything was lined up, as we tightened all the brackets.
16 The right grille piece slips in the surround, and is held on by similar hardware to the surround, only smaller. Before we put in the left grille, we tightened up the grille divider insert.
17 The left grille piece has one missing vertical bar at the top corner. This is where the hood release falls.
18 We rebuilt the headlight brackets with items from the hardware kit before reinstalling them. Yes, the kit is so complete it even has the headlight tension springs.
19 The new RS turn signal assemblies slip right into their holes. They attach to tabs hanging off the sheetmetal and can be centered perfectly with a bit of tweaking of the tabs.
20 After installing the rest of the headlight stuff, we popped in new plastic nutserts...
21 ...and bezels. These bezels are made of fairly delicate aluminum, so make sure not to overtighten the screws, as it can distort the shape.
22 At this point, we installed new marker lights. These are not part of the conversion, but we felt old, faded markers would detract from all the new stuff.
23 The RS taillight lenses feature a small stainless trim ring down inside the lens, which makes them a bit fancier than the non-RS units. These lenses just snap into the buckets.
24 The new lenses are a deep red with a shiny surface and really make the back of the car look sweet.
25 Speaking of sweet, how about this! The conversion took us less than two hours, but the payoff is enormous in the style department. Obviously, we will need to paint all of these items to really finish of the job. One thing to note: Painting the urethane will require a flex agent added to the paint, so it won't be as susceptible to cracking. In closing, the Ground Up conversion and bolt kit made this a no-nonsense install and well worth the money.