14. Small areas like the doorjambs and inner rockers were also worked with 220-grit in preparation for the final coating of SpectraPrime.
15. Be sure to check and re-check the fitment of various parts including the rear window corner moldings ...
16. ...and headlight rings to the fenders to be sure the gaps are perfect.
17. With the body completely block-sanded and blown clean, the rotisserie was rolled back into the paint booth to have the final three coats of SpectraPrime applied.
18. After receiving its last coat of Sherwin-Williams SpectraPrime, you can see that Orange Krate has come a long way!
19. Here you can see the results to one small area after wet-sanding with 220-grit and using the back edge of the sanding block to squeegee water away. A final wet-sanding with 500-grit will leave the surface as smooth as glass.
20. With wet-sanding completed, the body was rolled into the spray booth on the rotisserie for one last time. The undercarriage was plastic-bagged to protect it from overspray.
21. Peter then used 2-inch masking tape to back tape the inner trunk opening and followed it up by masking over the opening.
22. 3M Ultrapro Urethane Seam Sealer was applied to seal up any remaining seams prior to final paint, like this one in the rocker to rear quarter-panel area.\
23. Peter then made a pass over the entire exterior with Sem Solve pre-cleaner using a fresh white cloth one last time to remove any remaining surface contaminants.
24. Once suited up, a final run over the body with a Sherwin-Williams Tack Rag (PN V4X3) removed the last bits of dust, lint, or dirt from the surface.
25. Here you can see the completed body ready to go after all the stages of panel replacement, bodywork, block-sanding, and priming.
26. To bring the car to life, its signature hue of Planet Color Big Bad Orange combined with the rest of the Sherwin-Williams Automotive Finishes includes everything to complete the job.
27. It was great seeing Peter lay down the vibe bringing Orange Krate to life with a number of coats of Big Bad Orange.
28. By the end of the night, the body looked amazing finally covered with clear! Stay tuned as we begin our final assembly stages of project Orange Krate.