Yes, the C7 Corvette Z06’s 6.2L supercharged LT4 engine makes serious horsepower … but who wouldn’t like more? How about 45 more horsepower and 38 more lb-ft of torque at the wheels? OK, you can drop your hands now.
Holley Performance Products is taking a “clean sheet” approach to intake design with their new iNTECH lineup of cold-air intakes for modern performance cars. Their intake for the 2015-’17 Corvette Z06 is an impressive bit of kit. It installs in just a few minutes with OEM-quality fit and finish. No other modifications are required … just plug-and-play.
The iNTECH intake is centered around an oil-free, four-layer, conical air filter that seals to the intake tube and airbox with a patent-pending “slip seal interface.” No more large clamps to come loose! The system uses the factory mounting points and blends in perfectly with the OEM engine components.
To sample the intake for ourselves, we traveled to Holley’s Bowling Green, Kentucky, facility to photograph the installation of the iNTECH intake on a blazing-red Corvette Z06. The installation took under an hour and the dyno results speak for themselves.
Follow along as we show you how it’s done. Vette
1. The Holley iNTECH cold-air intake for the 2015-’17 Corvette Z06 was designed using a “clean sheet” approach. It utilizes factory mounting points and features a patent-pending “slip seal” junction to connect a high-flow, four-layer air filter to the filter housing and intake tube.
2. We began the installation process by removing the radiator air extraction duct to gain access to the factory intake tube.
3. Next, we removed the PCV connector.
4. The mass air flow sensor was also disconnected.
5. With the factory clamps loose, we removed the OEM air tube.
6. Next, we removed the OEM air filter housing cover.
7. With the cover removed, we pulled out the restrictive factory paper air filter.
8. The last OEM component to be removed was the air filter housing.
9. With the OEM air intake parts removed, we transferred the isolation grommets to the Holley iNTECH filter housing.
10. Next, we transferred the mass air flow sensor from the OEM intake tube to the iNTECH tube.
11. Holley supplies the necessary screws for the iNTECH intake tube, as the threads are different.
12. Next, we installed the supplied PCV fitting into the iNTECH intake tube.
13. The Holley iNTECH filter seals to the intake tube and filter housing with a unique, patent-pending “slip seal” junction. No more filter clamps!
14. We installed the coupler to the throttle body with the supplied stainless steel clamp.
15. Next, we installed the iNTECH air filter housing to the inner fender using the factory anchor points.
16. Next, we installed the intake tube and filter assembly by first inserting the filter into the housing.
17. With the filter seated into the housing, we installed the intake tube into the coupler.
18. Next, we wrapped the supplied clamp around the intake tube coupler. Then, we tightened the clamps securely.
19. We reconnected the mass air flow sensor to the wiring harness.
20. Next, we connected the PCV hose to the fitting on the iNTECH intake tube.
21. Finally, we reinstalled the radiator air extraction duct.
22. As you can see, the Holley iNTECH cold-air intake fit this 2017 Z06 perfectly, and blends subtly into its surroundings.
23. Even though the Holley iNTECH cold-air intake looks factory, the dyno results are anything but. How does 45 more wheel horsepower and 38 more lb-ft of torque grab you? Clearly, there was power hidden in the intake system of this Z06, and Holley found it.
Photography By Wes Duenkel