1. Brodix dual-plane manifold with 4150 carb base fitted with Holley 750-cfm carburetor. Kansas-like torque curves for everyday grunt and upper-rpm flexibility were abundant.
2. The camshaft took advantage of the Brodix 200cc heads. We swapped out the springs, locks, and retainers to avoid valve float and to increase our rev potential. We swapped in Comp springs (PN 26120), locks (PN 795-16), and retainers (PN 613-19) for more open/closed seat pressure.
3. Comp 7.300-inch-long pushrods (PN 7949-16) push the Comp hydraulic rollers we have in place with H-bars. The pushrods are heat-treated chromoly with 0.080-inch wall thickness.
4. As usual, we relied on a Pro-Billet MSD ignition distributor (PN 85551) and wires.
5. Expelling fumes were Hedman 1 3/4 x 3 1/2-inch dyno headers with 18-inch collectors.
383 Short Block Engine Build - Open-Box Policy
GMPP's 383 Short-Block Serves As The Foundation For A Complete Brodix Top-End Kit