Chris Alston's Chassisworks has come up with an entirely new way of thinking when it comes to a full chassis. Chris unveiled the new gStreet frame system at this years SEMA show in Las Vegas underneath this 69 Camaro. We will be doing a complete tech build up of a similar car in the future but we wanted to give you a quick look at the newest thing that came out of Chris Alston's shop.
The gStreet Frame System is a bumper-to-bumper chassis solution for high-horsepower, big-tire, pro-touring '67-69 Camaro projects and is now available as an off-the-shelf item. Builders can take advantage of Chassisworks robust engineering and manufacturing capabilities, saving hours of fabrication time and effort, while significantly shortening the time frame to deliver a top-tier performance vehicle. all of the items are manufactured completely in house at Chassisworks factory in California.
- Front Tires: Fits 305/30-19 (12.25" section width, 26.3" overall diameter)
- Rear Tires: Fits 345/30-20 (14.25" section width, 28.2 overall diameter)
- Room for larger tires when they become available
- Fully-optioned system engineered to support over 1,000 hp in handling performance applications
- Double-A-arm front suspension with rack-and-pinion steering
- Highly adjustable geometry - canted-4-link or torque arm with watts link rear suspension
- Available in full-frame, firewall-back, and back-half configurations
The Camaro prefabricated floor kit replaces all floor and drivetrain tunnel sheet metal from the base of the firewall to the rear tail lamp panel. Large sheet metal spans are bead-rolled to strengthen each panel, significantly reducing flex and vibration. To facilitate clean, rapid, and accurate installation, folded lips, inset lap joints, and rosette holes are designed into each component.
The sum of the front suspension parts, bolted on and ready to go. From the outside: gStreet 15" brakes, billet-aluminum unit-bearing upright, g-Machine control arms, VariShock 4-way adjustable remote-reservoir coil-over, and the billet splined-end anti-roll bar.