8. We then secured the new transmission at the two pivot shafts using the stainless hardware supplied with the kit. At this point we left the countersunk screws a bit loose.
9. The bridge was then inserted into the airbox.
10. After rotating the bridge so that it fit under the drive assembly, we secured it using two 1⁄4-inch bolts on the passenger side and one on the driver side. These bolts were also left loose for the time being.
11. The wiring harness was then plugged into the motor assembly. It was better to do it at this point since reaching the plug once it's in the cowl void is a bit tough.
12. We then slid the motor assembly into the cowl and secured it to the bridge bracket using two 1⁄4-inch bolts. With this installed, we went back and tightened up all the other fasteners on the bridge and the pivot shafts.
13. Before inserting the motor brace, we installed the supplied rubber bumpers at the three contact points.
14. It's hard to show, but the brace cradles the motor with the two feet facing down and the single bumper facing up. It was secured to the motor assembly using another 1⁄4-inch bolt.
15. We then removed the nut on the motor spindle, and after orienting the drive arm, we lowered it onto the motor spindle and loosely reinstalled the nut. Utilizing the small 1x2-inch rectangular hole in the top of the cowl, we used a Phillips screwdriver to align the C-shaped notch in the drive plate with an unused 1⁄4-inch hole in the motor plate. The hole is used as a
16. We used the block-off plate to seal up the factory hole in the firewall. If you're more ambitious you could weld up and bodywork the hole for a super-clean look. The factory wiper wiring isn't used by this kit, so we snipped off the wires and properly terminated the ends.
17. Our kit included a two-speed intermittent wiper control switch. Wiring this in was straightforward, and the provided wiring diagram was easy to follow. The switch does include a push function to activate a washer pump (sold separately). For 1969 Camaros there's a switch adaptor plate to mount the 1969-specific switch behind the plastic dash panel.
18. With the system installed and wired, we followed the instructions and ran the wipers without arms, using tape to simulate the arm position. This was so we could make sure they were parking in the correct location before installing the arms. To celebrate our new hidden wiper system we popped for some new chromed arms from Ground Up (PN WIPERKIT-15, $55).