I want this Turbo-T to run 10s and be as reliable as your girl's Honda, and with the Hartline Turbo V-6 built and shipped to Ron's Custom Auto in Jersey, and the Dynotech Performance 200-4R modified for the five-disc Vigilante converter, it was finally time to start building toward that goal. But we have a ton of work ahead of us at Ron's-this isn't simply a drivetrain swap, as my T, after 160,000 miles, has seen better days. I don't want to just throw a sparkling new mill into a rusty engine bay, and I really don't want to count on original parts like the wiring harness, trans and fuel lines, radiator, and motor and trans mounts when I want to run big numbers and make it to and from the track without calling AAA. So I guess you could say that this is GMHTP's first resto-build (damn, I feel old). Also, the engine still has some final assembly components that we need to install, and the fuel system currently consists of a single-pump setup that won't supply enough fuel for my goals. Yep, the old girl needs some serious TLC before we crank 'er up-we'd better get started.
Finally! Here's the completed engine bay after several long weeks of thrashing at Ron's Custom Auto-Junior installed final items like spark plug wires, serpentine belt, TB/TV cable, wastegate rod, etc. A few notes: since the Be Cool radiator was thicker than the stock one, the neck stuck out more-Hueffman suggested cutting the upper radiator hose so it would line up better, which worked-we didn't have to get an angle boss for the IAC either, the Big Mouth kit cleared no problem and looks killer! Champion's new fuel rails were a first run that didn't work with my fuel pressure regulator; we put the stock rail back on for now, and Champion has sent an updated set of rails for a later install. Junior had a bit of trouble lining up the downpipe with the turbo, so he made a stud set. The extra wires up by the vacuum brake booster are Powermaster connections that I asked Casper's to retain, in case I ever went back to that brake system. Finally, Classic Tube's original replacement turbo feed line was installed for now; this will be changed over to PTE's remote filter setup to protect the turbo.