Loma-Performance Creates 794hp Corvette Supercar If you like the idea of having one of the world's most exotic Corvettes, LOMA-Performance's C6.BlackforceOne should be on your list of candidates. Described as the Corvette equivalent of the Air Force One Boeing 747, the wide-body supercar combines over-the-top looks, ZR1-crushing horsepower, and unparalleled exclusivity.
C6.BlackforceOne gets its distinctive looks from a body approximately 9 inches wider than stock. Thanks to the liberal use of carbon-fiber-including the wheel-arch extensions and side skirts, the front lip, the rear diffuser with integrated LED reverse lights, and the optional rear spoiler-and the unique, round daytime running lights, the car is easily distinguishable from others of its ilk.
LOMA starts with a base Corvette, pulls the factory LS3, and replaces it with a custom-built, twin-turbo, 7.0L LS-based powerplant. Output is rated at 794 hp (675 hp at the rear wheels). Stopping power comes from a quartet of Mov'it brakes, while ride and handling characteristics are fine-tuned with a LOMA-designed coilover suspension. Preliminary tests reportedly show 0-60 times of 3.4 seconds and a top speed of 205 mph.
"We are looking at customers who can't decide between a Porsche GT2, a Ferrari Scuderia, or a Lamborghini Superleggera," says Mario Rados, owner of LOMA-Performance. "If you compare the C6.BlackforceOne to these cars, you will see that it is a great deal. The BlackforceOne beats them in all categories. We built this 'exclusive monster' to prove that the Corvette is the best car in the world."
Limited to a run of 25 units, the C6.Black-forceOne's price starts at €190,000 (approximately $278,000) for a complete vehicle. All are numbered and come with a full guarantee. The front lip, rear diffuser, and daytime running lights are also available separately for all C6 Corvettes, including the Z06 and ZR1. For more information, visit www.loma-performance.com
• Twin-turbo, LS-based 7.0L with 794 hp
• LOMA Cup Sport Superlight exhaust with Sportcatalyst LOMA carbon sport clutch
• Carbon driveshaft
• Available in Eurofighter Matte Grey, Stealth Matte Black, and White Storm Matte
• LOMA carbon front clip, rear diffuser with LEDtaillights, side skirts, and wheelhouses
• LOMA GT2 engine hood
• Body is 19.5 cm wider than stock
• Front track expanded by 8 cm, rear track expanded by 14 cm
• LOMA adjustable coilovers
• Five-way adjustable stabilizers
• High-performance wheel bearing
• Gloss black OZ Racing Ultraleggera HLT aluminum (10x19 front, 12x20 rear)
• Michelin Sport Cup 275/30ZR19 and 335/25ZR20 or 285/30ZR19 and 345/25ZR20
• LOMA racing brakes with Mov'it six-piston front and four-piston rear calipers
• Color of caliper as requested
• Standard black Alcantara
• Interior color as requested
• Racing carbon rear wing (detachable)
• Racing carbon front bracing (detachable)
• Carbon-ceramic brake rotors
• Custom paintwork as requested
Vets In Vettes On the weekend before Veteran's Day 2009, the National Corvette Museum paired America's sports car with America's finest for the second annual Vets 'n Vettes event. Caravans of Corvettes traveled to Chaney's Dairy Barn for ice cream, the Maker's Mark Distillery, Fort Knox, and the Patton Museum. A highlight of the event was the Bowling Green Veteran's Day Parade, as veterans took their place of honor among the many floats, bands, and other moving displays. Visit www.corvettemuseum.org for more information.