As it turned out, the intercooler setup Mike had made for the tilt front end needed to be completely reworked for the new nose, fenders, and hood. Fitting it all in an attractive package was tricky. The guys at Prodigy, along with John Parsons, did a great job of fabricating the plumbing. The final result was impressive enough that ProCharger took notice and asked to use the Vette for its '07 SEMA Show display.
At the YearOne event, the debut of what has since become known as the "Prodigy Vette" proved worth the effort. The car won awards at the show, V8TV selected it for a video feature, and VETTE magazine decided to shoot it for a showcase article.
Shortly after the YearOne show, Frank talked me into changing the seats and doing some carbonfiber work on the dash to bring the cabin up to the level of the exterior. I located some C5 sport seats, and Frank and the boys modified them to better match the curved midyear dash pads. The final result was well worth it. Covered in factory '05 hides with "CORVETTE" embroidery, the seats give the Vette's interior the ultimate old-meets-new look. The charcoal carbon-fiber dash inserts tie it all together.
Building this car was an entirely different experience than anything I've been through in the past. My wife, Jen, and my three boys have my most humble thanks for their love and support through this process. The team at Prodigy Customs, meanwhile, delivered everything it promised. Thanks, Frank, Lisa, Michael, Andrew, Matt, David, John, and Mike. You guys built what I envisioned, and it came out better than I could ever have hoped.
Chassis, Suspension,And Brakes
- Art Morrison framerails and C4 suspension, provided by Street Shop, Inc.
- Aldan coilovers
- C4 brakes with Baer rotors and Grand Sport calipers
- LS6 with intercooled ProCharger D-1SC, built by Prodigy Customs and Mike Norris Motorsports (555rwhp)
- Tremec TKO-600 five-speed transmission and Luk clutch
- Dana 44 rear with hardened shafts and 3.55:1 gears
- Glasurit Arctic Silver with Viper Graphite accent by Prodigy Customs
Wheels And Tires
- Forgeline SP3Ps with chrome lips and graphite centers (19x9.5-in. front, 20x10.5-in. rear), Michelin Pilot PS2 tires
- Autometer Sport Comp gauges
- Pinnacle Electronics sound system
- Custom-modified C5 sport seats and carbon-fiber dash by Prodigy customs
- Custom cloth top by Al Knoch/Complete Auto Upholstery
- Momo steering wheel