1. Thomas Short – ’62 Bel AirQuick Take: This beast is powered by the legendary dual-quad 409-horse 409. How nice is it? At the Muscle Car And Corvette Nationals in Chicago, it scored 998 points out of 1,000.
2. Ron Barker –’70 MalibuQuick Take: Ron’s the original owner of this 30,000-mile beauty. It’s got a 300-horse 350 and factory four-speed. This picture was taken in 2013 on a Route 66 drive he took with his wife.
3. Mark Thompson – ’69 CamaroQuick Take: With a 500-horse 383 for power and Competition Engineering Slide-A-Links out back, this F-body gets out of the hole in a hurry. A 200-4R auto keeps the cruising rpm reasonable, and the four-wheel disc brakes ensure it stops quickly.
4. John Rasmussen – ’72 Monte CarloQuick Take: Originally triple green, John changed the interior to black. Under the long hood is a mild 350, backed by a Turbo 350 and 2.73 Posi. Suspension upgrades come from Hotchkis, and the Cragar SS rims are 17s.
5. Cecil Williams – ’65 CorvairQuick Take: Restored by its owner, the numbers-matching 180-horse Corsa retains its factory turbocharged engine. It also has a dual-pot master cylinder, hidden stereo, new reproduction interior, and Buick rims.
6. Scott Fritz – ’70 NovaIt took the owner 12 years to build and paint this SS clone in his home garage. Power comes from a 350 with camel-hump heads, and goes through a TH350 to a 3.73:1-geared 12-bolt with Posi.
Want to see your ride in Super Chevy? Send high-res digital photos to:
[ m ] Super Chevy, Bow Tie Keepers, 9036 Brittany Way, Tampa, FL 33619.
[ e ] email@example.com