Chevy Releases ’14 Stingray Pricing
The ’14 Corvette Stingray coupe will carry a suggested retail price of $51,995 when it goes on sale later this year. The convertible version, meanwhile, will start at $56,995.
Standard features include the following:
- Eight-way adjustable power seats with lightweight magnesium frames
- A five-position Drive Mode Selector
- A new seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching
- A 6.2L LT1 engine with direct fuel injection, Active Fuel Management, and continuously variable valve timing
- A carbon-fiber hood on all models, with a carbon removable roof panel on coupes
- An aluminum frame that is 99 pounds lighter and 57 percent stiffer than its predecessor
- HID/LED lighting
- Dual driver-configurable infotainment screens, with MyLink and rear-vision camera
- A Bose nine-speaker sound system with SiriusXM, Bluetooth connectivity, and an auxiliary input jack
- Remote keyless entry with pushbutton start
- A power tilt/telescoping steering wheel
Major options include the 3LT interior package with leather-wrapped interior ($8,005); the Z51 Performance Package ($2,800); Competition sports seats ($2,495); an exposed-carbon roof panel ($1,995); Magnetic Ride Control with PTM ($1,795); a dual-mode exhaust system ($1,195); carbon interior trim ($995); suede microfiber-wrapped upper interior trim ($995); red-painted calipers ($595); and black-painted wheels ($495).
Get Your Officially Licensed VETTE Swag
Green Mt Monogram now offers officially licensed apparel and other merchandise bearing the VETTE magazine logo. Choose from T-shirts, camp shirts, performance piques, low-profile twill visors, and even insulated beverage holders.
For more information, check out www.musclecarmagswag.com.
Mantic Photo Contest Winner Announced
Congratulations to Forrest Mocny of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, whose Corvette photo (shown) was recently selected as the top entry in our VETTE/Mantic Performance Clutches Photo Contest. For his efforts, Mr. Mocny will receive a $2,500 check from Mantic.
For more information on Mantic’s line of clutches for LS-powered Corvettes, visit the company’s website, at mantic.com.au
Happy Birthday, Eastwood Company
The Eastwood Company, a pioneer in the DIY auto-restoration market, is commemorating its 35th anniversary in 2013. To kick off the celebration, Eastwood has launched a new interactive website featuring hundreds of how-to videos, a “Shop Talk” podcast, live-streaming product demonstrations, free technical articles, and more.
“By sharing our knowledge of the hobby, we are able to educate others to help ensure their projects turn out great,” said company founder Curt Strohacker.
Corvette Racing Update
Corvette Racing scored two top-five finishes at Long Beach on April 20 to maintain a share of the lead in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) Manufacturer Standings through the first two races of the season. Tommy Milner and Oliver Gavin drove the No. 4 C6.R to a Fourth Place finish in the GT class on the 1.968-mile, 11-turn street circuit. Antonio Garcia and Jan Magnussen finished Fifth in class in the No. 3 car.
As of press time, Chevrolet and BMW are unofficially tied in the ALMS Manufacturer Standings, with 34 points apiece. vette